17 May Our CEO and Director of Marketing sit down with MouthMedia to discuss how to compete in the evolving Grocery Industry.
Via MouthMedia: More than ever, retailers are challenged to effectively compete and differentiate. Aisle Ahead is the first to provide grocery retailers with an e-commerce and shopping trip planning platform that’s customized in its entirety, allowing each retailer to do exactly that. The platform cultivates consumer connections and empowers the grocery shopping experiences by understanding each shopper and their intent, from simply planning a shopping trip to online ordering—along with extending capabilities that enable grocers, brands, and smart kitchen manufacturers to uniquely connect with consumers and influence decisions through content. At Grocery Shop in Las Vegas, Rob Sanchez and Charles Beckwith sat down with Aisle Ahead CEO Steve Siopsis and Director of Marketing Jordan Kooijman.
In this episode
- Steve and Jordan talk about why Aisle Ahead’s e-commerce solutions let retailers maintain their own identity and to facilitate delivery and other services
- The issues with most white label services and why Aisle Ahead stands out
- What Big Oven is, and how it helps customers find new recipes to try and develop profiles to help target content for what those clients want
- How the acquisition of Big Oven changed the nature of the company and helped complete the circle from assisting customers in finding recipes and bringing them to the point of purchase
- How technology has changed the way groceries sell and why content and personalization matters more now than ever
- The ways the meal kit movement has made grocers need to focus on the whole cooking and shopping experience, and create a need to engage on a whole new level
- The challenging logistics of in-store fulfillment in grocery stores and how Aisle Ahead aims to solve these issues and make this a reality
- They way media influences customer’s cooking habits and how Big Oven is tapping into this
- The gameification of social media and how Big Oven plans to use that to drive engagement
- How selling through experiences and offering unique services through Aisle Ahead can help grocery stores differentiate and gain new customers