Recipe Developer / Digital Food Content Creator
Full Job Description
Aisle Ahead is on a mission to enable brands, grocers, and any company in between, to provide everyday solutions to individuals and families that make grocery shopping uncomplicated and exciting.
BigOven Kitchen, Aisle Ahead’s creative services, is looking for a Digital Food Content and Recipe Developer to work closely with the Creative and Marketing Teams to produce various recipes and food-centric media to be published across multiple channels.
The successful candidate would be responsible for envisioning, testing, and writing delicious recipes that speak to all levels of chefs and home cooks, are made from easily sourced ingredients, and meet various dietary requirements. They will also help create engaging content to help drive traffic to websites and social media channels.
- Collaborate with the Aisle Ahead/BigOven team and develop recipes based on current needs and food trends. Recipes will require nutrition information, including but not limited to caloric density, fat, carbohydrates, sodium, sugars, fiber, etc.
- Write, describe, and test recipes on-site in our production kitchen
- Work with videographer and photographer to film and create content for distribution across multiple platforms
- Work with social media manager to ensure content meets established brand standards
- Appear on camera as needed to prepare and present recipes and cooking content
- Source and shop for ingredients
- Style final products to ensure content is photo/video ready
- A love of food, cooking, and a passion for sharing customized, creative, and delicious recipes
- Solid foundation in all social media platforms, including content development, research, engagement, and strategy, particularly in the food space.
- Ability to conceive, develop, and test recipes across multiple cooking and preparation styles, as well as meeting various needs from different nutritional standpoints.
- Understanding of the video production process
- Comfort both appearing and speaking on camera
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Understanding of food trends and the ability to communicate across digital platforms with a diverse audience
- Background in nutrition preferred
- Professional cooking experience preferred
- Attention to detail and an ability to deliver projects with strict deadlines
- Able to life 50+ pounds
- Ability to work on your feet for several hours at a time
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud, including, but not limited to Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, and After Effects (not required)
This is an in-person position in Knoxville, TN.
For more information about our company, please visit us at www.bigovenkitchen.com
Please submit resume, cover letter, and any links to external sites or content that might be relevant to job duties or requirements. This may included cooking videos, recipes, tutorials, social media postings, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Knoxville, TN 37902: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please describe your experience in recipe development and testing.
- Nutrition: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance